Wednesday, November 28, 2012

"Monkish"


12 x 9"
oil on panel

I enjoyed a perfect Thanksgiving, hope you did too.  Remember I said I seem to say the words 'it's always something' on a daily basis?  The day after the holiday I woke up to a back problem and have been suffering ever since.   Painting has been out of the question.  I'm getting better, so soon enough.  It's always somethin'....

It's a good time to show you my new paintings all done specially for an upcoming show at the Morris & Whiteside Gallery - opening next Friday, December 7th.  Due to unexpected circumstances, there will not be an opening reception, but the show goes on.  My grouping is titled 'Met Life', a variety of observations from the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City.   New paintings from Ken Auster will be up as well - I hope you'll stop by the gallery during December to see all of our paintings.

First peek is 'Monkish',  a gentleman who I thought looked very much like the figures in the icons he was viewing. 


 detail

Please click here for a larger view and purchase information.




9 comments:

Sharon Rose Smith said...

Karin, your painting is just lovely as usual. I, too, left the Thanksgiving holiday with a back issue! I am so much better now and I hope the same for you. Best wishes.

Linda Nickles said...

Karin, It's disappointing that they decided to forego the reception for your show. But I'll be by to see your show anyway. Hope you feel better soon. Hugs!

carol morgan carmichael said...

So sorry!! Hope you heal quickly.
Love this painting. You did a beautiful job with my least favorite, boring era of painting....Renaissance...ugh! Don't get me wrong....I do love me some Jesus.
Hope your "always somethings" turn into good somethings.

Teri said...

Hi Karin,
Love "Monkish"! Wishing you a quick recovery from the back pain.

Linda Popple said...

Back pain ..... ouch!!! So sorry to hear. HEAL!!!

Your Met series is amazing! While looking at them each one was a favorite and then the next and then the next ........ Wish I could see them in person.

Michelle Arnold Paine said...

I love these museum paintings - a window on a window... beautiful

Shirley Fachilla said...

Thank you for the detail shot. Your modern day monk is fantastic. Such strong, confident brushstrokes. That arm with the notebook, perfection.
Hope your back gets better soon.

Christine said...

Karin...seeing your new paintings is like eating a really good dessert! So sorry you are having back problems...so debilitating...hope you get some good physical therapy and heal quickly...

Anita Tresslar said...

Karin, hope you feel better soon. The painting is beautiful. Hope the show goes well.