Saturday, August 18, 2012

"Grand Island"

6 x 6"
oil on panel
sold

This would be the last of the paintings included in my upcoming show Here Comes The Sun - one of my personal favorites, spotted along the Lincoln Highway in Nebraska.  To the best of my recollection, this home was somewhere outside of the town Grand Island, basking in the afternoon sunshine.  I kept thinking I could happily settle in a place up there, in Nebraska or Iowa if it weren't for the winters.


Please click here for a larger view.


8 comments:

Michael Dooney said...

Your building paintings are so nice and solid looking. The bold simplified forms and brushwork remind me of Tim Horn's work who I also really admire.

James Murch said...

Smashing paintings, really nice, well done. You definately nailed the feeling of the sun.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

love the touches of turquoise in the shadows of the white house.

Marilyn Webberley said...

These paintings are delightful, Karen.

Chris said...

this is a beauty

Azra said...

Brilliant work Karin,the contrast between light and shadows makes this painting stunning!!

Stephen Magsig said...

Beautiful painting Karin. Thanks for posting the Hopper link. I submitted three paintings also.

Karin Jurick said...

Good for you Stephen - best of luck with your entries.