Tuesday, August 14, 2012

"Anamosa"

6 x 6"
oil on panel
sold

A couple weeks ago, a friend sent me the link to an opportunity I couldn't pass up - the Edward Hopper House in Nyack, New York is asking for artists' submissions for their Annual Small Matters of Great Importance Juried Exhibition.  At the time, I was hedging on adding several more to my upcoming show Here Comes The Sun, and I figured I'd do both - come up with three small paintings (which is required), put them in the grouping and cross my fingers they'd be chosen for the Hopper House Show later in October.  Why not give it a try.   

This setting is from Anamosa, a little town in Iowa, along the Grant Wood Byway.  Please click here for a larger view.

For artists who may be interested in submitting work to the Edward Hopper House exhibition, please click here for more information.




7 comments:

Chris Gillis said...

This is great - awesome light and the colors remind me of a Morandi landscape - very fresh, thanks for posting.

Taryn Day said...

This is such a wonderful painting, Karin- and in the true spirit of Hopper. Love these colors- could stare at them all day.

M├ęsange said...

It was, I'm sure a hot day... I feel the sun burning my pale skin.

"We cannot express the light in nature because we have not the sun. We can only express the light we have in ourselves." [Arthur Dove]

Magnifique tableau!

Nancy Clearwater Herman said...

Striking!

Cristall Harper said...

Love that reflective light. Beautiful.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

channeling Hopper! One of my all time favorite artists and this is a great painting!

Erika said...

Beautiful work! This painting 'anamosa' looks exactly like Logan, Iowa Main Street along hwy 30!!!! So exact it is uncanny!