Saturday, April 30, 2011

Mutual Admiration Dinner

What do ya get when three artists meet up for dinner? Non-stop mutual admiration and a wonderful time. My friend, Carol Marine, was in Atlanta for a workshop - I hollered to my good friend, Neil Hollingsworth to join us - including my guy Brett, who's the genius behind the Paint On Tabletop Easels I've been telling you about. We just had the best time - great food and great conversation.


Carol's recent painting 'Classic Dog'


Neil's recent painting 'Seven Spoons'


Two of my favorite artists, my favorite guy - how lucky am I.

6 comments:

Jane Hunt said...

That sounds like a blast Karin!
I'm such a fan of Carol's work, but I've never seen Neils before. Thanks for sharing his amazing painting, I'm excited to go look at more of his work...

Montse said...

Great work!

Un saludo desde Bilbao.

Jerry Stocks said...

Sounds like a wonderful evening. I went to your show at Hilton Head today and loved it. I had intended to come to your opening so I could meet you, but I had to have minor surgery the day before. Sorry to have missed you.

Nicki said...

Super lucky.

Julie Douglas said...

Hi Neil, Carol and Karin
I'm SO delighted to read about your meeting. Your comment about artists leading isolated lives is so true - thank God for the wonders of the internet. The power and value of connection should never be underestimated! Thank you all three for your wonderful contribution to the creative world. One day I will meet you ALL!

Sharon Alama Art said...

Those spoons are beautiful.
I would never have the patience to execute a painting like that.... thank heavens others do!
Thank heavens for great friends also.